Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Venus

Ohhhh boys and girls, I am so happeh!

Recently I've been busy with Thesis (a.k.a. "The Baby"), trying to get the next "chapter" finished. This isn't a paper I'm writing, but a program written in Python and Scilab. You can find links to everything here: www.otsegoville.com/Thesis. Anyway, to get back to the meat and potatoes of the story - I had a major breakthrough with my program today. Up until today, I had a version of my program that simulated the Sun, the Earth, and the Earth's Moon. All of their values were hard-coded, but it did work! I have been working on a way to specify an arbitrary number of planets, and was hitting a whole bunch of brick walls in the process. Well, finally today, I GOT IT TO WORK!! I was able to dynamically read in the values for the Sun, Earth, Earth's Moon, AND Venus! It all worked perfectly and I couldn't be happier! This was only the Scilab portion of the code, however. This is the most involved part, because it's the script that actually does the ODE calculations. Now, what I've got to do is find a way to have python read in each of the planet's coordinates, and SIMULATE!!!! More to come...

No comments: