Wednesday, May 7, 2008

LINQ to XML

Recently, I've been working on a project that necessitated XML editing. I've not had much experience with XML, let alone XML editing, so naturally, I started searching MSDN & Google for some help in the area. I came across LINQ, which is a new technology developed by Microsoft to allow easy querying and reading of XML files(and other data stores). I had trouble finding a good introduction to the material until today! It turns out that after a magick query on google(haha), I found an absolutely GREAT post on the subject by Scott Guthrie: Using LINQ to XML (and how to build a custom RSS Feed Reader with it).

Another good reference from MSDN: .NET Language-Integrated Query for XML Data

If you have a chance to check these out, play with them a bit! It's fun!

No comments: